Experienced Lynchburg Family Law Attorney Delivers Sound Counsel
Virginia lawyer handles divorces, custody disputes and adoptions
Legal issues that affect your marriage and children require an attorney who knows how to guide clients carefully through tough times. At The Bice Law Group, I am a Lynchburg family law attorney who draws on more than 30 years of legal experience to find lasting solutions for clients. Whether you’re anxious about the outcome of your divorce or joyful about adopting a child, I am dedicated to relieving your legal burden and helping you achieve your goals.
Established firm advises on child custody and support proceedings
Serving Central Virginia clients since 1986, my firm handles a full range of family law concerns, including those relating to:
- Divorce —As a respected divorce lawyer in Lynchburg, VA, I clearly outline the options that clients have when they decide to end their marriage. Though the process can be hard, my firm effectively advocates for spouses as they start a new chapter in their lives.
- Child custody and visitation — When parents divorce, establishing appropriate child custody and visitation arrangements should be the top priority for everyone involved. I work closely with clients to create a parenting plan that meets the physical and emotional needs of their sons and daughters while maintaining strong parent-child bonds.
- Adoption — Choosing to adopt is a wonderful decision that offers many years of joy. By offering knowledgeable counsel on the available options and legal requirements, I make the complicated adoption process easier for prospective parents.
- Guardianship and conservatorship — If someone close to you can no longer care for themselves properly or handle their financial matters, my firm outlines the steps necessary to establish a guardianship or conservatorship.
- Child support — Parents who divorce or end a non-marital relationship both still have a legal and moral obligation to provide for their child financially. After explaining the formula used in Virginia child support determinations, I can advise on any additional factors that might justify a departure from the calculated rate. You can also rely on me for effective representation in actions related to the modification or enforcement of your current order.
- Alimony/spousal support — A spouse who relies on their partner’s income might be left in a difficult position when their marriage breaks up. Whether you are looking to collect spousal support or being asked to pay it, I’ll outline the analysis judges use when issuing rulings on alimony. From there, I can help devise a strategy aimed at securing the best possible result.
- Division of marital assets and debts — Under Virginia’s equitable distribution law, property division in a divorce is based on what the court thinks is fair when the parties cannot agree on an allocation of marital assets and debts. I look to negotiate mutually agreeable provisions on property allocation, but will argue for a proper resolution in court, if necessary.
- Premarital agreements — Developing a fair prenuptial or postnuptial agreement to protect both parties’ financial interests does not have to be a difficult process. Through open communication and strict attention to detail, my firm guides clients who seek clarity on how spousal support and property division will be handled if the marriage ends in divorce.
- Domestic violence issues — Abuse or threats from a partner or someone else you know should be treated with the utmost urgency. If you’ve been victimized by domestic violence, I will take aggressive measures to establish the legal protection you need and deserve.
Whether you’re sure about what action you want to take or want to learn more about your options, my firm provides insightful legal counsel and skillful representation.
Contact a respected Virginia family law attorney for a free consultation
The Bice Law Group in Lynchburg assists Virginia clients with a wide array of family law matters, including divorces, adoptions and parenting disputes. To make an appointment for a free consultation, please call (434) 528-1500 or contact me online.