Experienced Lynchburg Family Law Attorneys Delivering Sound Counsel
Legal issues that affect your marriage and children require a lawyer who knows how to guide clients carefully through tough times. At The Bice Law Group, our family law attorneys draw on more than 35 years of legal experience to find lasting solutions for clients. Whether you’re anxious about the outcome of your divorce or joyful about adopting a child, we are dedicated to relieving your legal burden and helping you achieve your goals.
Legal Counsel And Advocacy For Child Custody And Support Proceedings
Serving central Virginia clients since 1986, our firm addresses a full range of family law concerns, including those relating to:
- Divorce: As a respected divorce lawyer in Lynchburg, David Bice can clearly outline the options that clients have when they decide to end their marriages. Though the process can be hard, we effectively advocate for spouses as they start new chapters in their lives.
- Child custody and visitation: When parents divorce, establishing appropriate child custody and visitation arrangements should be the top priority for everyone involved. We work closely with clients to create parenting plans that meet the physical and emotional needs of their children while maintaining strong parent-child bonds.
- Adoption: Choosing to adopt is a wonderful decision that offers many years of joy. By offering knowledgeable counsel on the available options and legal requirements, we make the complicated adoption process easier for prospective parents.
- Guardianship and conservatorship: If someone close to you can no longer care for themselves properly or handle their financial matters, we outline the steps necessary to establish a guardianship or conservatorship.
- Child support: Parents who divorce or end a nonmarital relationship both still have a legal and moral obligation to provide for their child financially. After explaining the formula used in Virginia child support determinations, we can advise on any additional factors that might justify a departure from the calculated rate. You can also rely on our attorneys for effective representation in actions related to the modification or enforcement of your current order.
- Alimony/spousal support: A spouse who relies on their partner’s income might be left in a difficult position when their marriage breaks up. Whether you are looking to collect spousal support or are being asked to pay it, we’ll outline the analysis that judges use when issuing rulings on alimony. From there, we can help devise a strategy aimed at securing the best possible result.
- Division of marital assets and debts: Under Virginia’s equitable distribution law, property division in a divorce is based on what the court thinks is fair when the parties cannot agree on an allocation of marital assets and debts. We look to negotiate mutually agreeable provisions on property allocation but will argue for a proper resolution in court, if necessary.
- Premarital agreements: Developing a fair prenuptial or postnuptial agreement to protect both parties’ financial interests does not have to be a difficult process. Through open communication and strict attention to detail, we guide clients who seek clarity on how spousal support and property division will be handled if the marriage ends in divorce.
- Domestic violence issues: Abuse or threats from a partner or someone else you know should be treated with the utmost urgency. If you’ve been victimized by domestic violence, we will take aggressive measures to establish the legal protection you need and deserve.
Whether you’re sure about what action you want to take or want to learn more about your options, our firm provides insightful legal counsel and skillful representation.
Contact Respected Virginia Family Law Attorneys For A Free Consultation
At The Bice Law Group in Lynchburg, we assist Virginia clients with a wide array of family law matters, including divorces, adoptions, and parenting disputes. To make an appointment for a free consultation, please call 434-509-0232 or contact us online.