Lynchburg Family Law Attorney Helps Clients Tackle Challenges
Experienced attorney handles divorces, adoptions and custody proceedings
Family law encompasses a broad range of domestic concerns. It includes legal matters relating to paternity, adoption, protective orders, spousal support, visitation rights, child custody, divorce, marriage, adult guardianship and other legal challenges relating to the family structure. Located in Lynchburg, The Bice Law Group has handled simple and complex issues for area clients since 1986. No matter how complicated or contested your situation might seem, my firm provides practical insight and strong support to help you achieve a positive outcome.
Dedicated firm offers knowledgeable advice and determined advocacy
Any legal issue involving the familial unit has the potential to become emotionally charged. Therefore, having a steady hand guiding your situation to the best possible outcome is a must. By seeking out the services of an experienced family law attorney, you can ensure your voice is heard regardless of the specifics of your circumstances. Virginia clients rely on me and recommend my firm to others because I am a:
- Respected leader — Having practiced since 1984, I am deeply familiar with the laws and courts that affect my clients. I am also a special justice for the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s office and a board member of the Lynchburg Bar Association.
- Strong advocate — When settlement talks break down during a divorce proceeding or some other family law dispute, I am a determined litigator who can create an effective trial strategy and deliver a strong argument in court.
- Compassionate counselor — I never forget the strain that usually accompanies the end of a marriage or a conflict over how your children will be raised. From start to finish, my firm will treat you with the care and respect you deserve.
Often, fighting over domestic issues adds time, expense and hassle to an already difficult situation. As a trained family law mediator and a skillful negotiator, I strive to achieve consensus whenever it is in my client’s best interests, even when serious conflicts exist.
Attorney assists with parenting matters and guardianship petitions
Throughout Central Virginia, my firm represents clients in legal proceedings involving:
- Family law — Regardless of your specific family law issue, I will answer all of your questions, including concerns associated with child support, marital separation and prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
- Divorce — If you are going through a divorce, my firm offers comprehensive legal support and advocates for fair terms on spousal support, property division and parenting matters.
- Child custody — When asserting a mother’s or father’s rights, I make every effort to establish an appropriate child custody framework that includes ample visitation for the parent who does not live with their child.
- Adoption — The adoption process is often confusing, but my firm helps prospective parents complete the required legal steps and avoid frustrating mistakes.
- Guardianship and conservatorship — If someone you care about can no longer capably handle personal and financial matters, I will outline how you can seek legal guardianship and conservatorship.
Choices you make when you face a family law challenge might affect you and those closest to you for many years to come. For more than three decades, my firm has given clients the comprehensive legal support they need to face the future with confidence.
Contact an accomplished Virginia family law attorney for a free consultation
The Bice Law Group represents Virginia clients in a full range of family law matters. To schedule a free initial consultation regarding your situation, please call 434-300-5043 or contact me online. My office is Lynchburg.